Not a member?
Click here to join FMDA now!
Benefits of Membership
- Award-winning statewide newsletter
- Association website Nationally-recognized annual conference titled Best Care Practices in the Post-Acute & Long-Term Care Continuum
- Dedicated website for annual conference
- Annual update on Medicare billing
- Annual update on Medicare comparative performance reports for physicians practicing post-acute care
- Discounted member registration fee for Annual Conference
- Convenient, on-line Annual Conference registration
- Listing as expert witness, on request
- Assistance in earning AMDA's medical director certification
- Networking with other medical directors statewide
- Networking and partnering with the other post-acute trade and professional associations
- Advocacy in Tallahassee on behalf of the members of FMDA
- Advocacy at AMDA’s House of Delegates
Classes of Membership
There are multiple classes of membership in the Association: general membership, student, retired, lifetime, and affiliate. All members of this organization will be encouraged to be members of the national association, AMDA – The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine.
- General: Membership in FMDA may be granted to any physician who holds the position of medical director, or a physician, advanced practice nurse, pharmacist, or physician assistant who has an interest in or who provides medical services in full or in part in PA/LTC. Members in this classification shall be entitled to a vote and the eligibility to be a member of the Board of Directors.
- Allied Health Professional Relations Committee: Health care practitioners who provide essential services to patients in the PA/LTC setting are eligible to join, including dental professionals, podiatrists, opticians, psychologists, therapists (PT/OT/ST), etc. Committee members are non-voting and may be appointed by the Board of Directors to serve on other FMDA committees.
- Organizational Affiliate: Organizations in the medical, regulatory, or political fields of PA/LTC wishing to promote the affairs of FMDA. They include vendors, other professionals, and organizations.
- Students: Student membership is available to physicians/PAs/pharmacists/NPs-in-training, including interns, residents, fellows, and to premedical students and any person engaged in graduate medical/NP/PA/pharmacist education in the U.S. Student members shall have all FMDA privileges except they shall not be eligible to vote or hold office.
Save the Date!
Best Care Practices in the Post-Acute & Long-Term Care Continuum 2017 is October 12-15, 2017 at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort, Lake Buena Vista, FL.
Volunteer on a Committee
If you are interesting in joining a committee, for a 1-year term, click here to complete this form.
Call for Presentations
Click here to submit a proposal.Best Care Practices in the Post-Acute & Long-Term Care Continuum 2017 is October 12-15, 2017 at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, Lake Buena Vista, FL. he date of March 24, 2017, is the extended deadline to receive submissions.